Wednesday, 3 August 2011

TED Talking!

Just popping in - I'll do a proper blog soon - to say I've been too busy to blog because I'm working on a presentation for a TEDx event!  I'll be speaking at the TEDxBrasD'or event in Cape Breton on August 20th.  Very excited!

As per usual with my public speaking engagements, I'll be talking about the internal barriers to fitness so many women still face in this day and age.  It's a topic I'm really passionate about and have done quite a lot of work on since I got into my fitness career.  Not many people know this but I minored in Women's Studies when I did my BA degree in the 90's.  So women and fitness is a topic that, given my academic background, is really suited to me.

If you're not familiar with TED yet, I highly recommend checking them out at  TED.com.

Loads of amazing speeches on that site,  lots to inspire us!  No guarantee my talk will end up there, but I'm hopeful!  *knocks on wood*

No comments:

Post a Comment