Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Knit Year's Resolution

Should've posted this in January buuuuut... grad school. 
So here it is, my Knit Year's resolution! 

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions because they're usually so negative and most people give up. So a few years ago (I can't recall when exactly) I decided since I'm going to knit all the time anyway, I might as well make that my resolution and guarantee myself some success, lol!

I've done one most of the last several years.  It started with my desire to knit socks :).  I've also done felting, and cables and mutli-stranding (that one was a dud) as my knitting theme for a year.  This year I've decided I have to make a point of using the knitting patterns books I've recieved as Yule gifts over the last few years.  I've taken these 5 books, each given to me as a Yule gift from my parents or my sister, and I plan to do a pattern out of each by the end of 2015:
Knit for Nerds
Lace One-Skein Wonders
Around the World in Knitted Sock
Bags That Rock
Knitting Wizardry


I have actually already done a pattern from Around the World in Knitted Socks, but they're all so nice I should really get more use out of this book.  Plus.... socks! Here's a pic of my "Traditional Costume: Austria" socks:

Stranded colourwork = not my best thing.  But I love these socks even if the tulip design is kinda lumpy:) 

I've already started a pair of socks out of Lace One Skein Wonders and a purse out of Bags That Rock.  I'm actually nearly finished that one, I just have to sew it together and felt the piece. 

Pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment